Saturday, January 17, 2015

Introduction

The Little Old Lady Who Lived In A Shoe....Had So Many Kids She Didn't Know What To Do....


    That pretty much sums up my introduction, well kind of :). Not that I have THAT many kids, I have 3 (10 yr boy, 8 yr girl,and 1 yr boy). But I am 99% sure when this nursery rhyme was made up they counted all the pets (in which case I have 2. Both dogs, a German Shepard and a lab puppy) and the husband (luckily I only have 1 of those).
     And by the way, yes, you did read that correctly. I have a lab puppy. Why do I have a lab puppy you ask (when I obviously already had my hands full with all my children and husband). That is a simple answer. Because I for some un-known reason thought my life needed one more thing to clean up after, take to the vet, and feed. You see I am a glutton for punishment. I read the book Marley and Me, and although the dog in the book got into all kinds of mischief, I REALLY thought my 1 year old NEEDED a dog to grow up with. So after much research (I like to thoroughly research everything) I decided a lab was the perfect addition to our family. Sure I read where they are stubborn, and might be hard to house train, and apparently they chew on EVERYTHING. But I didn't believe for one minute that my dog (the one I hadn't even picked out yet) would be anything like that.....Currently my lab puppy (she will be called Dixie from here on out, because that is her name) is laying on the couch, which she is not allowed on, chewing on my ice cream scooper...Im sure you are wondering how she got the ice cream scooper, and that is a valid question. See I was correct in my theory that her and my 1 year old would be the best of friends. They work together in ways I will never understand. They have some type of communication that the rest of the family is not privy to. One minute they are playing together then the next they split up, almost as if one is to distract me while the other gets into trouble. For example one will play in the toilet while the other pulls the table cloth off the table making everything fall to the floor. Then when I get both messes cleaned up, they will switch rolls and do it again....Yes life is fun in my little shoe :) Back to the ice cream scooper. My son is in the stage where he likes to play in my kitchen cabinets and drawers. When he finds something especially fun, like a ice cream scooper he will either 1. hide it where only Dixie can find it, so it will re-surface when she sees fit, or he will put it away for save keeping in her kennel. But I digress, because this blog is not about my dog.
   I am also easily distracted, so back to my introduction. My 2 older children I adopted from foster care when they were 10 months old and 2 years old. My husband and I tried for many years to have a baby, and even tried many fertility treatments, none of which worked. I was doing volunteer guardian ad litem work and saw a need for foster homes in our community, so we decided to give it a try. Our first foster placements were these two, and I immediately fell in love with them. They completed our family in a way I could have never imagined. By the grace of God we were able to adopt them both. And after 10 years of marriage, and not even "trying" anymore we got our surprise miracle baby.
   I am a stay at home mom, I work part time from home for my step dad, I am enrolled in school and hope to one day complete it and become a social worker. I worry that by the time I get finished I will be to old to actually get a job, but it took me a long tome to figure out what I wanted to be when I grew up. But that is another blog for another day. I recently started my "under construction journey" and have become super passionate about health and fitness. I did home school my older children last year but it was to much for me to handle so they are in a traditional school this year.
      My hubby is a fireman, has been since we started dating. He works 24, sometimes 48 hrs at a time. That's usually when all the fun really happens, when he is gone for 2 days straight and i'm in charge of running the house. You know like all the kids get the stomach bug, or a bad storm and we have no power for hours.
      In my free time (haha) I love to write, listen to music, go to the beach, go out on the boat, take pictures, do anything with my kids that puts a smile on their face and sleep. I really like to sleep, not that I get much, but that's probably my favorite hobby.
      That's me in a nut shell. My life is hectic and crazy, but I love it and wouldn't change a thing.

No comments:

Post a Comment